Like many operators of websites and other online services, we collect the following types of information from visitors to our website or users of our Online Services:
Personal information. We collect and use personal and contact information that you provide when you interact with us using the Online Services. The type of information collected depends on the type and context of the interaction. For example, to use certain Online Services, we may collect your name, email address, and other contact information. For registration, we may collect your birth date, phone number, and certain demographic information (such as gender, age, occupation or medical condition). If you make use of our online bill payment system, we collect your payment card or other payment information to process the request. If you apply for a job opening, we collect information that you provide in your cover letter and resume.
Sensor Data. Over time, we may include features in the Online Services that make use of your device’s microphone, camera or other sensors. We may receive and record microphone, camera or other sensor data after you provide the Online Service permission to access this data and when you initiate a recording by pushing a familiar “record” or similar button in the user interface. We will stop receiving data after you push “stop” or similar button or if you close the Online Service. We use sensor data in accordance with the requirements of the platform on which you use the Online Service.
Traffic data. Web browsers and network devices automatically make available certain information that we may also collect when you use the Internet, even if you do not directly type the information into our website or one of our Online Services. This may include non-personal information such as your web browser type, language preference, referring Internet location, and the date and time that you visited. Other information that the network provides may potentially identify you, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address or geolocation position from which you visited our website or used the Online Services. Finally, we may collect usage statistics about the behavior of visitors to our website or users of our Online Services.
Use and Disclosure
We may use your information as follows:
- Register you and provide the Online Services. The Online Services may have features that require user registration, and we use your information to register you. We may use the information collected to provide you access to the Online Services and to process requests that you submit to us through the Services. For example, we use your personal information and phone number when you use our “Save My Spot” feature, such as sending you a text message about appointment updates. If you grant an Online Service access to sensor data, we may use the data received from your device to provide you the requested service or feature, and to generally enhance our service offerings or analyze their effectiveness.
- Apply bill payments to your account. If you choose to pay your bill online, then you agree and consent that we may use your name and payment card information to process your bill payment transaction.
- Develop and improve our services. We may use the information that we collect to develop new services that may be useful to our patients and to improve on existing services. We may also use your data and disclose it in aggregated form to third parties to improve our services, use of network resources, and similar uses. If you provided your email address, we may update you about new services and locations, or request your feedback about our services.
- Other activities. To the extent permitted by law, we may choose to permanently remove certain or all identifiable components from, data sets and then use the result for any research, operational, commercial or other purposes.
- Comply with law and protect our rights. To the extent applicable, we comply with HIPAA and related regulations and otherwise use your information in compliance with applicable law. We may need to use or disclose your information in response to a subpoena, court order, governmental request or as otherwise required by law. We may also use or disclose information as permitted by law when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of PM Pediatrics, our contractors, third parties or the public at large. We may retain information and records that we believe may help us protect our rights.
PM Pediatrics collects your information through the Online Services solely for our own benefit. We commit not to sell or rent your personal information to others without your consent. But like many businesses, we may hire third parties to assist with our operations, such as providing the Online Services or certain features, billing services, the Save My Spot feature or applicant screening and interviewing. To the extent permitted by law, we may send your information to such parties solely for use on our behalf.
If PM Pediatrics engages in a merger or sale of its business with another entity, that entity may gain access to or take possession of your information.
We take precautions to protect your information, but we do not and cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information from interception, for example by determined hackers. Our website uses encryption technology when you transmit information, including sensitive information such as credit card data. For information that we store, we have implemented safeguards (such as administrative policies) that are designed to ensure that the only parties who are granted access to your information are employees or other authorized recipients working on our behalf and who need the information to perform a specific job or fulfill a specific function (for example, billing or customer service).