Effective Date: December 20, 2021
- Booking an appointment online.
- Attending a telehealth consultation with your provider.
- Accessing your medical records on the patient portal.
- Paying your bill online.
- Messaging with our provider before or after your medical visit or health consultation.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: If you are a resident of California, please read the SUPPLEMENT FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS below, to review privacy disclosures that apply to your information.
Important Note Regarding Children
In the past 12 months, PM Pediatrics has collected the following categories of personal information for users of our Online Services. Each of these categories may also have been shared with service providers or other third parties (see below under Third Party Sharing) for the purposes described herein:
- Personal identifiers: Name, email address, other contact information.
- Protected classification identifiers: Age and date of birth, gender.
- Phone number.
- Payment card information. This may include a credit card used to pay your bill for services. Payment card information captured from you as a patient will be governed by our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Internet and online activity: Devices that connect to the Internet generate and transmit various types of technical and other data automatically when they communicate with other devices over the internet. This can include the make and model of your device, hardware and software versions, operating system, IP address, ISP (internet service provider), web browser type and version, device language preference, referring website, exit website, routing information, advertising identifier if you have it enabled on your device, links or pages you view when you connect to our Online Services, information about how and when you interact with our Online Services, and cookie contents.
- Geolocation data.
- Audiovisual information: Certain Online Services may include features or functionality that receive or capture sounds and images from your device’s microphone, camera or other sensors if you permit access on the platform that operates your device. For example, you may tap button on your device to capture images and video. Or you may enable your camera and microphone for a telehealth visit. The captured data will be personal information if personally associated with you. NOTE: Information collected from you as part of Patient Services, such as telehealth video and audio, will be governed by our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
Sources of Personal Information
We may collect your personal information from the following sources:
- From you, when you provide us your personal information. We collect your information when you interact with our Online Services and provide us your information in response to prompts, forms, buttons or audiovisual capture methods within the Online Services. Any of our branded sites or services may be used to collect your personal information. We collect your personal information if you submit it to us by other means, such as by including your personal information in a question that you submit to us through our website form. If you respond to surveys or communications that we send out, or participate in events that we organize, then we may also collect your personal information from those interactions.
- When transmitted by your device. When your device interacts with our Online Services, it may automatically transmit to us the “Internet and online activity” data described above.
- When another person provides it to us. We may receive your name, email, and other information if someone who knows you enters it into our Online Services.
Purposes of Collection
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide you the Online Services, respond to your communications and requests, and provide you the features and information you request. For example, when you submit a question to “Dear Dr. Christina”, we use your information if we choose to reply or to motivate writing a longer post on the topic.
- Develop new services, or enhance and improve our current service offerings, including by requesting your feedback on our services by asking you to fill out surveys about your experiences with us.
- Administer the Online Services and our systems, generate statistical information, monitor and analyze traffic and usage patterns, investigate complaints and violations of our policies, and improving or addressing issues with our site design or the Online Services.
- Improve our marketing efforts, including conducting market research using customer surveys, holding marketing events, and marketing our service offerings. We may inform you about our new locations and services. We may also use advertising networks to show you our ads when you visit or use third party online sites or services.
- To monitor, detect, protect against and investigate fraud, theft, threats to any individuals, or other illegal, illicit or potentially harmful or dangerous activity.
- Share your personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals when you consent to the sharing.
Third Party Sharing
Service Providers. We may make your personal information available to our service providers to help run our business. The service providers may process your information when we provide it to them as part of the Online Services. They may also interact with you on our behalf and provide you certain Online Services directly.
Note about Patient Services: When service providers help us provide Patient Services, those service providers are business associates under HIPAA. Our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices has more information about business associates.
Change in Control. In the unlikely event that PM Pediatrics is sold or acquired, and another entity obtains control or ownership of PM Pediatrics, then that entity may access and possess your personal information.
We take precautions to protect your information, but we do not and cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information from interception, for example by determined hackers. For personal information that we store, we have implemented safeguards (such as administrative policies) that are designed to ensure that the only parties who are granted access to your information are employees or other authorized recipients working on our behalf and who need the information to perform a specific job or fulfill a specific function (for example, billing or customer service).
Cookies; Do Not Track; Online Advertising
Most web browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; refer to your browser’s help documentation for more information. But if you turn off or refuse to accept cookies, this may negatively impact your experience with our site.
You can avoid certain targeted marketing by disabling cookies in your browser for our site or for all sites. However, you may lose functionality if you disable cookies. If you leave cookies enabled, you consent to our use of such third party advertising vendors and services, to their placement of cookies onto your computer, and to the privacy policies of the third party advertising networks. You agree that if you leave cookies enabled, PM Pediatrics is not responsible for how the third party advertisers use your information. Further, as new technologies are developed, we cannot promise that your online activity will never be tracked, such as by the company that developed your Internet browser.
Do Not Track Signals
Because there is no standard understanding of what a “Do Not Track” browser signal is supposed to mean, our website does not respond to those signals in any particular way. To avoid tracking cookies, you may use an “incognito”, “private” or similar browser window to browse the Internet without tracking cookies. However, the software manufacturer of your browser may still track your activity. Please check with Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, DuckDuckGo or other manufacturer for more information.
- Call our offices at (516) 869-0650 during regular East Coast business hours.
SUPPLEMENT FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Disclosures & Rights
California Residents Only
This section applies to you only if you are a resident of California.
You have the following rights concerning your personal information:
- Right to be informed about the (1) types of personal information we collect about you, (2) specific pieces of information that we have collected about you, (3) sources and purposes of the collection, and (4) third parties that receive your data.
- Right to request deletion of your data.
- Right to know to whom we’ve sold or disclosed your data.
- Right to opt out of the sale of your data, if we sell it. (See below.)
- Right against discrimination if you do not provide us your data, unless the goods and services we provide you are related to the value of the data you provide us.
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise your rights as a California resident, review and request changes to the personal information we collected about you, and contact us for more information about our privacy practices by using the information provided above under Contact Us.
You may submit your California rights requests using any of the methods above. However, for certain requests, California law permits or requires us to take additional steps to verify the identity and authority of the individual making certain requests information. This is so we can protect your privacy and data. Depending on the request or the sensitivity of the request, PM Pediatrics may ask that you provide two, three or more pieces of personal information that matches information in our records, so that we may confirm your identity prior to processing your request.
If you wish to submit a California rights request through an authorized agent, then you may designate your authorized agent in writing by contacting us using any of the methods above and providing the following information:
- Your full name and date of birth
- Current address and telephone number
- Name of the authorized agent
- State whether the requested information should be delivered to the agent or to you. Provide delivery instructions.
- State the types of requests that you authorize your agent to make, for example, Request to Know, Request to Delete, or Request to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Information.
- Sign and date the agent authorization.
If any of the above information is missing or cannot be verified, then we may request the information before processing your request. We may request additional verification information depending on the nature or sensitivity of the request.
Third Party Marketing
PM Pediatrics does not disclose the personal information of California residents to third parties knowingly for their direct marketing purposes.
Sale of Information
No Sale of Minor Information
PM Pediatrics does not have actual knowledge of any sale of the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.